Cataloging and Metadata Services
CaMS is a multidisciplinary group of professional and paraprofessional catalogers dedicated to supporting the research of the Princeton University community by providing efficient, thorough, and accurate access to the Library's holdings in various formats and languages.
CaMS is one of five departments that comprise the Library Information Technology, Imaging, and Metadata Services Division.
The department is organized into the following teams:
- Approvals and Copy Cataloging Team
- East Asian Languages Team
- Metadata and Enterprise Operations Team
- Middle Eastern Languages Team
- Rare Books Cataloging Team
- Serials and e-Resources Team
- Western Languages Cataloging Team
CaMS catalogs according to Resource Description and Access (RDA) and LC/PCC Policy Statements. Other descriptive standards used for special materials include Descriptive Cataloging of Rare Materials (DCRM), and Descriptive Cataloging of Ancient, Medieval, Renaissance, and Early Modern Manuscripts (AMREMM).
CaMS uses Library of Congress Classification (LCC) and Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH).